Thursday, March 26, 2009

My House.....

Well, I am making gentle attempts at decorating since we bought our house 8 months ago...I have A LOT of work to do; paint colors, accessories, and drapery. So, my current task is entry way, kitchen, and living room---basically all blank canvases!! What do you think???

This T.V. is my arch nemesis!! It's slapped in the middle of my wall....ugh I saw some stuff at Pier One I really liked, but I wonder if I should try and decorate around it....will it look crazy??


Pillows, tags still attached, just in case they don't work out...I was thinking of adding some sort of blue in here.


My entryway, I am thinking mirror?? I don't know that wall needs something!


I am so excited about my table!! But what about centerpiece? and empty walls??


Another view of the living room....my living room is like me all too neutral so I want to throw in a pop of color while still keeping the integrity of my style!:)

HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!:)

5 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful!! Congrats! Rugs go a long way, maybe a brighter color for your den and dining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I'm no interior designer, but knowing you and seeing the colors of your floors and furniture...you need to stick with warm tones! Warm golds, oranges (think burnt orange), shades of browns/taupes, etc. Because you have an open floor plan, in my opinion, accent walls are best. We have one wall in kitchen a dark gold, and one large living room wall burnt orange and the opposite wall just above the fireplace the same color!
    My suggestion is to go to Home Depot and grab some paint samples that they have sticking in that color scheme! Drapes will also make a big difference on that big living room window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine! It is hight time I added your blog to our "must read" list, and quit blog hopping from Kelly Hebbe's blog! Your house is beautiful! And I love the pillows on the sofa - I for one am a fan of blue (muted/grey blue) mixed in with the warm tones to give some contrast so I say go for it. Also a note on the TV - We have one very similar that SITS on a console, but makes the same impression on a huge wall in our living room and I finally took the plunge and did some "decor around it" and it is WAY better. Just don't go OVERBOARD so that the wall screams LOOK AT THE TV! Good luck and keep the pictures coming so we can see your progress! Love Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadine-
    First of all...congrats on the house! It's SO nice! AND...you've done a SUPER job so far!! I LOVE the dining room table and entry table! I agree, either a mirror, or a large picture of your beautiful babies would look great over the table in the entry.

    Ok...SO I see you have a rug in your living room...what colors can you pull from it? It'll give the room a more cohesive look if you use one of those colors for a wall color...(check it out...I used the word cohesive! LOL) Also, I collect pottery barn catalogs, and rip out pages of 'looks' I like. Then, I go to target, pier one, garden ridge, hobby lobby (and my little secret...homedecoratorsoutlet.com) and try to find the same types of things to decorate with. Pottery Barn even has paint decks featuring the colors they use in their catalogs!!

    Oh, and add me to the list of putting you on my faves rather than surfing to you from someone else's blog! LOL Yeah, I'm a quick one...

    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, AZ, United States
We are four sisters on a mission to lose 100 pounds a piece. We are all doing something different, but we have one goal.