Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pray or Get out of the Way!!

I am a usually rather neutral and a non-political personality...Yet, I felt moved and compelled to write this after getting much propoganda about our nation going to hell in a hand-basket after Barack Obama was chosen as the 44th president of the United States. If I get another email about Barack getting ready to blow up the country I am going to puke! I am writing this not meant to offend, but to inform:


I am so sick of bitter people...people who have down right ignored the power of the presidency and the impact this election has had on our great nation.

It is a shame that fellow people of color would have the nerve to down him and pull scripture out and lay it down as if God isn't in control! Where is your faith? Wasn't your basis for wanting McCain/Palin morals, values, and good ol' conservative living? Now it's "America is being led to destruction" rather than say "Let's pray for the president-elect"!

Let's be realistic...in late January Barack Obama will be in power, he spanked McCain and won fair and square. Be happy for the man! This is one of the most amazing times in our history, I am actually going to be able to celebrate Black History month a new way with my Kinder students this year because we are actually living black history! It's not because I am black, it's because I am a human and a story like his should appeal to our conscious.

This is what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. meant, this was his dream! I am so excited that we got to see the day that the message Dr. King spoke of has actually come to pass. Yes! This is America, a place where we all can become whatever we want... Isn't this what we want to believe? Isn't this the point of democracy?

The Civil Rights movement has not only changed the faces of teachers in classrooms, African American enrollment in higher education, demolished segregation and influenced numerous changes in policy.....We have a President and he is BLACK!! I pray for our Pres-elect that he would lead our country and be lead by the holy spirit in his decision making as we go through this time in our history. I also pray for those HATERS who can't accept that democracy is alive and as long as we live I pray that fact never changes. So, forget what you heard......Barack is coming to D.C.
So, either PRAY or get out of the WAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, AZ, United States
We are four sisters on a mission to lose 100 pounds a piece. We are all doing something different, but we have one goal.