Monday, April 27, 2009

Overcoming Fear...

I usually have posts about the kids and this is no exception as I am writing this for them. I am a parent and as I am attempting to fill this role I am increasingly plagued with the constant, persistent fear. I don't know if this speaks to any of you, but in lieu of the present state of the economy and the swine flu I know I am not the only one who battles fear. So these are some scriptures I have been praying on/standing on. If it helps one person my job is done!:)

1 Peter 5:8-9
"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

Psalms 34:4-7
"I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. I cried out to the Lord in my suffering, and He heard me. He set me free from all my fears. For the angel of the Lord guards all who fear Him, and He rescues them."

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these reassuring passages to help keep us calm in this scary time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Thanks for sharing. I feel safer already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Some of my favorite scriptures(especially John 14:27)...Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, AZ, United States
We are four sisters on a mission to lose 100 pounds a piece. We are all doing something different, but we have one goal.